WHAT IS HOSPITAL MANAGEMNET INFORMATION SYSTEM (HMIS)?
- February 20, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Hospital Management
Hospital Management Information System (HMIS) is a component of information engineering applied to the field of Health Care, essentially the management and use of patient healthcare information. In its in-depth, an HMIS application is a wide-ranging integrated information system designed to manage all the ancillary aspects of Hospital’s or Clinic’s operations such as Administrative, Inventory Management, and Legal issues etc. Hospital Management Information System is also known as Hospital Management Software (HMS) or Hospital Management System.
Hospital Management Information System is very crucial in handling Hospital administration. With the shortening of appointment time and better quality service, the ROI of these systems get better. The administrative department is able to analyze hours of work put in by the doctors. It also helps in utilize the peak hours in a better way. Apart from this, it enables the marketing department to track the effectiveness of their campaigns.
HMIS provides a common point of source for information regarding a patient’s health history and current status update. The system has data in a secure place and regulates who can access the data. This system simply augments the ability of the Health Care industry by smooth networking and providing relevant information when needed. HMIS provides internal and external communication among health care providers. Portable devices such as smartphones and tablet computers may be used at the bedside.
Hospital Management Information Systems are often composed of one or several software components with specialty-specific extensions, as well as of a large variety of sub-systems in medical specialties from a multi-vendor market. Specialized implementations name, for example, Laboratory Information System (LIS), Policy and Procedure Management System, Radiology Information System (RIS) or Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS).
Benefits of HMIS –
- It establishes your hospital as technically advance hospital
- Operational and clinical decision making is accurate fast and efficient.
- Improved data security and fewer chances of data leakage and theft.
- No scope for errors in hospital management system however in a manual system there is a scope of errors and mistakes which leads to compliance issues and lawsuits.
- It keeps the track of revenue management efficiently so that you can find out how the hospital is performing.
- Hospitals become efficient in playing their integral role of serving humanity it helps the hospitals to gain good quality ratings from the insurance companies and other organizations.